BEST DETOX SOUP EVER! CAULIFLOWER AND PARSNIP
This is one of my fave soups to detox your liver and cleanse without having to go on a crazy juice-only type of diet.
It’s part of the Elimination Diet that my clients (and I!) have been doing and a fantastic choice for the liquid and pureed-only detox phase that lasts 2 days. We love it so much that it has become a main-stay even after the reintroduction phase.
Here is how to make it!
- 1 large cauliflower head (2 pounds), chopped
- 1 large leek, chopped
- 2-3 parsnips, peeled and chopped (or other veggies you prefer if parsnips are not your thing)
- 8 cups of water
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
Pumpkin seeds to taste
Seasoning: Pink Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Heat oil in a 6-8 quart pot over medium heat. Add leek and sauté for 5 minutes
- Add parsnips, cauliflower, water, thyme, salt, and pepper
- Cover the pot, bring to a boil, reduce to low heat, and simmer for 20 minutes
- Puree the soup in the pot, in a food processor or blender
- Stir in parsley. Serve. Detox and cleanse. Enjoy!
Yield: 8-10 cups.
Need help in making healthier food and lifestyle choices to feel and look your best?
Book a free 20-minute consultation and work with me to get your strategy aligned with your goals.