Seared Scallops with Red Beet Puree
Rich in protein and low in calories, scallops are super easy to prepare and one of my absolute favorites! This recipe is low-glycemic, low-lectin, and gluten-, egg-, and nut-free.
- 4-5 oz or 2-3 Small pre-cooked beets (I love Love Beets, no pun intended)
- 8 oz Scallops
- 1 tsp Coconut oil (or ghee)
- 2 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp paprika or cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp dill
- 1/8 tsp Pink Himalayan or sea salt
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin seeds
- Place scallops on a plate lined with paper towel to ensure they are dry. Season with salt and spices. Set aside.
- Blend the pre-cooked beets and add salt, pepper, a bit of olive oil, dill, and other spices of your choice and to your taste. Set aside.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add the coconut oil or ghee and cook the scallops for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Assemble the plates with the beet purée, then top with scallops, more spices of your choice, a bit of olive oil, and the pumpkin seeds. Enjoy!
- Not into beets? Replace them with sweet potato purée.
- Leftovers? Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- No pumpkin seeds? Use pine nuts or other seeds of your choice.