Authentic Spanish Gazpacho
Coming from Spain, my go-to hot weather dish is always a yummy gazpacho. It's super refreshing and satisfying, and it doesn't require me to turn on the oven or the stove! It's also a great way to use up those beautiful, lycopene-rich summer tomatoes.
- 2 lbs Roma or any other type of tomatoes (fresh and ripe, halved)
- 1 Green bell pepper (cored and diced)
- 1 Cucumber (small / 1/2 lb, peeled and diced)
- 1/2 Red onion (small, peeled, and diced)
- 2 Garlic cloves (small)
Oil, Vinegar & Spices
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp Red wine vinegar (or even better, sherry vinegar)
- 1 tsp Pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1/2 tsp Cumin, ground
- 1 thick slice of white bread, soaked, crust removed
- Optional garnishes: croutons, chopped fresh herbs, a drizzle of olive oil, or any leftover chopped gazpacho ingredients
- Purée. Combine all ingredients together in a blender or food processor. Puree for 1 minute, or until the texture reaches your desired consistency.
- Season. Taste and season with extra salt, pepper, and/or cumin if needed.
- Chill. Refrigerate in a sealed container for 3 to 4 hours, or until completely chilled.
- Serve. Serve cold, topped with your desired garnishes. Enjoy!
- Leftovers? Transfer to a food storage container and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
For additional and exclusive tips and tricks, and recipes, FOLLOW Zesty Glow on Instagram and LIKE Zesty Glow on Facebook!