No-Fuss Jerk Shrimp Summer Salad
This mouth-watering salad is designed to make the most of our summer produce, minimize your time in the kitchen, and maximize your time enjoying the great outdoors.
Super anti-oxidant, refreshing, well-balanced, and quick. 15 minutes if that. Enjoy!
- 9 ozs Shrimp (large, peeled, deveined)
- 2 tsp Jerk Seasoning
- 1/2 Lime (juiced, zested)
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pink Himalayan Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 4 cups Mixed Greens (arugula, spinach, or other)
- 1/4 cup Red Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup Seedless Watermelon
- 1/2 cup Blueberries
- 1/4 cup Goat Cheese
- 2 tsps Maple Syrup
- Add the shrimp to a medium-sized bowl along with the jerk seasoning. Toss to combine and let it marinate for about 10 minutes, while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- In a small jar add the lime juice and zest, olive oil, salt, pepper, and maple syrup. Shake to combine.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the avocado oil and then add the shrimp. Cook for 3 minutes each side, or until cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- Toss the mixed greens, red onion, watermelon, blueberries, and goat cheese into a big bowl. Add the lime dressing and mix well.
- Divide into plates. Add the shrimp and enjoy!
- Leftovers? Refrigerate salad and shrimp in separate sealed containers for up to two days. The dressing can be refrigerated for up to five days.
- Serving Size: One serving is equal to approximately 2 1/2 cups of salad and 4 to 5 shrimp.
- No maple syrup? Use honey instead.
For additional and exclusive tips and tricks, and recipes, FOLLOW Zesty Glow on Instagram and LIKE Zesty Glow on Facebook!