Maple Mustard Brussels Sprouts
Yummy! Higher in protein than most other veggies, Brussels sprouts are loaded with vitamin K and vitamin C.
If you don’t like them, you may not have had them prepared the right way! Hope this recipe helps change your mind ?
6 ingredients + salt & pepper
Yields: 2 servings
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts (trimmed and halved)
- 1/2 cup Yellow Onions (sliced into about 1/4 inch strips)
- 1/2 cup Red Bell Peppers (sliced into about 1/4 inch strips)
- 1 tsp Avocado Oil
- 1 1/4 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 1/4 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup Feta Cheese (crumbled and optional)
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Seeds (optional)
- Pink Himalayan Salt Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (204ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the Brussels sprouts, onions, and peppers with avocado oil, salt, and pepper. Spread across the baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes to the texture of your liking.
- While the Brussels sprouts, onions, and peppers roast, mix the dijon mustard with the maple syrup in a small bowl and set aside.
- Remove the Brussels sprouts, onions, and peppers from the oven and toss with the dijon maple dressing. Transfer to a serving dish and top with feta and pumpkin seeds (optional). Enjoy!
- No avocado oil? Use coconut oil instead.
- Leftovers? Store in the fridge in a sealed container for 2-3 days.
- No pumpkin seeds? Use other seeds (sesame, sunflower) or tree nuts (almonds, walnuts)
- No Dijon mustard? Use grainy mustard instead.
For additional and exclusive tips and tricks, and recipes, FOLLOW Zesty Glow on Instagram and LIKE Zesty Glow on Facebook!