Thanksgiving Celery Root & Parsnip Mash
A quick and easy holiday recipe using two delicious and underrated root veggies. You won't miss the dairy!
Yields: 6 servings
- 3 3/4 cups Celery Root (peeled, cubed)
- 4 1/2 Parsnips (peeled, chopped)
- 3/4 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 1/2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/8 tsps Pink Himalayan Salt
- 3/4 tsps Dried Thyme
- Add the celery root and parsnips to a pot of salted water. Bring to a boil and cook the vegetables for about 15 minutes or until very tender. Drain the water and transfer the cooked vegetables back into the warm pot to rest for 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked vegetables to a food processor along with the broth, olive oil, salt, and thyme. Blend until smooth.
- Season with additional salt if needed, top with your fave herbs, and serve with turkey, and other healthy sides. Enjoy!
- Leftovers? Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: Approximately 3/4 cup of mash.
- More Flavor? Add garlic powder, turmeric, paprika, fresh thyme, or any other herbs of your choice. You can also serve with ghee.
- No Broth? Use plant-based milk instead.
For additional and exclusive tips and tricks, and recipes, FOLLOW Zesty Glow on Instagram and LIKE Zesty Glow on Facebook!