Red Lentil Masala Soup
This lentil soup has become my clients' fave soup ever and for a reason! It is delicious, cozy, and super well-balanced. It's vegan and packed with plant-based protein (hello, lentils!), healthy fats (coconut milk), and anti-inflammatory spices such as turmeric. Enjoy!
Yields: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Red Onion (finely diced)
- 3 cups Diced Tomatoes
- 1 cup Dry Red Lentils
- 1 cup Canned Coconut Milk
- 4 cups Kale Leaves (finely sliced)
- 4 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 cup Cilantro (finely diced)
- 3 cups Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup Water
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions and saute for 4 minutes or until translucent. Add in the garlic and saute for another minute or so.
- Add in the turmeric, garam masala, paprika, and Pink Himalayan salt. Stir for a minute or until spices are well mixed. Add in the cilantro, vegetable broth, water, and diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add in the lentils, cover, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Once they're cooked through, add in the coconut milk. Stir well to mix it all nicely together and add in the kale after.
- Stir again until the kale is wilted, turn off the heat, serve, and enjoy!
- Leftovers? You can keep them in an airtight container for up to 4 days or freeze them for up to 2 months.
- More toppings? Add cilantro, jalapeno, sliced almonds or other seeds of your choice, and/or a bit of coconut yogurt.
For additional and exclusive tips and tricks, and recipes, FOLLOW Zesty Glow on Instagram and LIKE Zesty Glow on Facebook!